I am working on the back of Kendra’s flower quilt. I used the book “Word Play” to build these letters and numbers. I think I have to try the little ‘a’ again with more contrast. I will fill in around the letters with the green background, then bring it up to size with more of the flowery fabric from the numbers, and some of the other pink and purple scraps. I found some fun fabric last year that had phrases such as “Whatever” and “Totally” on it…perfect for preteen girls, LOL. That may work it’s way into this quilt too. I am hoping to get this on the longarm this weekend, and use a butterfly pantograph to finish it. It’s so close to being done, hooray!
February 24, 2012