my creative pursuits with quilts and knits

Cleaned up the mess

When last you saw this project, there was a huge tangle of threads.  Since I quilted each pinwheel individually, there were MANY tails to bury.  I chose a different fill for each row of color, and I put a rainbow texture in the background.

I tried to space out the feather type designs and the spiky ones.  I am very pleased with how it turned out!  I used a rainbow variegated thread in the pinwheels, which is kind of  “in your face” on the yellow patches, but overall I think it works.The fabrics were collected in a swap on the Ravelry forums, and I sewed 5″ charms together then created pinwheels with the Lil Twister ™ ruler.  I used some of the scraps to create the border.  Finished size is 35″ x 44″.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: