The correct yarn, Unisono, arrived, and I quickly cast on for the Evolution shawl. Not much to see yet, but it is an enjoyable project so far. And I dug out some pretty stitch markers, so I will have to take some detail pictures later in the week. My biggest challenge so far is reading the “spine” stitch correctly so I can put the marker in the right place. I count the stitches every row to make sure it’s correct, but that will get tedious quickly when there are over 100 stitches on the needles.
Can you see the quilting? I need to calculate how many little squares are in this quilt. It’s a queen-size, 86 by 107 inches, and I did stitch in the ditch. Man, that was alot of work!
And here is the set up for the background squares. I wanted to do feathered hearts so I grabbed my Gamill Workstation…it’s the black board you see in the middle of the picture. There is a stylus attached to the machine that fits into the grooves on the workstation, and it helps you stitch the designs with no “wobbles.” I was able to move pretty quickly, even with the adjustments of moving the board and screwing the stylus in place. Then I went back and stitched the feather free motion. I will do a photo tutorial of the feathered heart, because I think they turned out really well.
Phew, now I just need to get the binding sewn on and this quilt is out the door. Yeehaw! I am glad that this big deadline project is done. Now it feels like summer vacation has truly arrived and I can relax for a month before school starts again.